The pandemic has put additional stressors on the family unit, leading to significant changes in attachment behaviours.
Attachment is an in-built mechanism that guarantees the protection of the infant and their optimal development, but it is also activated whenever a threat is perceived. How do we use this awareness to work with parents/carers and children at this significant time?
During the course we will:
- Look at some of the most recent research on the impact of the pandemic on attachment behaviours
- Explore the idea of the family having an individual personality where members affect each other
- Plan attachment-based strategies to settle children back into our settings or support them to move on
- Consider the central role of the Key Person in establishing trusting relationships with parents/carers and children
Links to Early Years and SEND guidance:
- Birth to 5 Matters 2021 (Personal Social and Emotional Development; Communication and Language);
- SEND Code of Practice 2015 (‘The Graduated Approach’ points 5.36-5.46 and 6.44-6.56).
Audience: All practitioners in early years PVI settings and schools.
The webinar will take place on the following dates and times:
Session: 8th December, 4pm-5.30pm
This webinar will be delivered by Carla Cornelius.
- Members - £15
- Non-members £20
Book 5 webinars at once and receive a discount of 10% with coupon code: EEWEBINAR510 - or book 10 webinars at once and receive a discount of 20% with coupon code: EEWEBINAR1020. To take advantage of this offer, add the webinars to your basket and apply the code - the discount will automatically be applied at the checkout.
Looking to book more places or a license for your organisation? Contact us for further details.
A message from our partners, Cosy Direct
Cosy Direct are supporting this programme of training and would like to offer everyone a £10 voucher to spend on our website – to get this voucher, all you need to do is subscribe to our email newsletter. Don’t worry, we don’t spam our subscribers, you will receive some excellent content along with product information and educational content (and you can unsubscribe at any time).