Beat Babies are not quite a puppet and not quite a teddy-bear, but they are a wonderfully appealing resource. This course will introduce a variety of different beat babies, and explore ways of using them creatively in your practice. It is recommended for all those working with two to fives across the EYFS.
- Find out about the various types of beat babies, their history, and why they were developed.
- Deepen understanding about the importance of beat competency and how this supports learning.
- Discuss how to use beat babies creatively to support young children’s personal, social and emotional development.
- Share ideas for using beat babies in the outdoor environment.
- Consider how to use beat babies for children with specific needs.
- Practice a range of songs, rhymes and games linked to beat babies.
If they wish, participants will have the opportunity to buy a beat baby to take away (Prices from £8-£10). Handouts with the ideas and further references will be provided, together with a certificate of attendance.
Trainer: Anni McTavish