Aims: To explore ways to make your story sessions completely engrossing, identifying the benefits and examining strategies for choosing and using books for maximum impact and appeal, and developing your confidence in reading aloud.
Specific learning outcomes:
- enhanced understanding of the value and importance of reading to children
- practical tips for engaging audiences of different ages and boosting their participation and enjoyment
- greater insight about the components of what makes a 'good' book for sharing in this medium
- heighten awareness of the value of props and artefacts and ways to use them well to enrich the narrative
- increased confidence and skills in selecting books and delivering story times within your setting
Trainer: Anne Harding