Aims and objectives - Delegates will have opportunities to:
- Hear about the latest research and best practice in laying down the foundations for happy and successful readers.
- Share creative and meaningful ways of helping children to develop early phonic skills and word recognition, as well as strategies for supporting all children to develop an understanding and love of books.
- Hear how the schools Kym has worked with achieve high outcomes in reading - by teaching children the way they learn best - through play, practical experience and the creative use of high quality texts.
- Explore the key elements of learning to read and how best to support these with young children.
- Gain ideas for a range of play based activities designed to enhance children’s reading skills and understanding of the texts they are engaging with.
- Learn effective strategies for igniting the interest of those reluctant to engage in reading activities.
- Explore how the learning environment can most effectively support children’s reading development
Trainer: Kym Scott