Delegates will have opportunities to:
- Gain an overview of recent and current legislation and guidance in relation to partnership with parents in inclusive early years services.
- Reflect on parental perspectives in relation to their child with special educational needs in the early years.
- Understand the importance of partnership with parents as a whole setting approach.
- Consider the qualities, knowledge and skills needed by all practitioners to evolve effective partnerships with parents.
- Reflect upon effective communication with parents in relation to their child’s individual needs.
- Discuss the nature of family centred and child centred practice within the setting
Audience: All early years practitioners, setting managers, SENCO’s and those responsible for promoting partnership with parents in the early years.
Trainer: Julie Revels