Aims and objectives - Delegates will have opportunities to:
- Consider how adults and children in early years settings conceptualise writing;
- Identify current writing resources and writing practice within the setting;
- Consider how children from the age of two understand writing and how they can be encouraged to engage with meaningful emergent writing experience.
- Build on understanding and new knowledge [of writing] to consider how to develop best practice within the setting;
- Explore the potential for partnership working between practitioners and with parents and/or carers.
Audience: Early Years Literacy Co-ordinators and Whole setting practitioner teams
Trainer: Helen Bradford