This page was last updated in Spring term 2018. We are continually adding to this section and we welcome your feedback, contributions and ideas.
- ACEs (Adverse Childhood Experiences) trauma, attachment and what you need to know: vital links all in one place
- adult interactions
- Annual national conference 2017
- attachment and trauma
- brain development and early childhood
- children's interests
- community of practice
- crying children: is it ok?
- cursive writing intro
- cursive writing part 1 cursive and joined up writing are NOT part of EYFS requirements or guidance
- cursive writing part 2 cursive and joined up - evidence against in this in the early years
- cursive writing part 3 what is recommended beyond the Early Learning Goals?
- eco early years helpful guidance for becoming eco-firendly in early years settings and schools
- EYFS and other curriculum / frameworks in early years
- Gopnik, Alison her papers, TED talk and more
- ICT in early years technology, EYFS, ipads, tablets, safety and more
- Letter to headteachers in response to Bold Beginnings (Dec 17) by Kelly Brooker
- listening to children why must we and how can we listen better?
- loose parts great links and resources for implementing loose parts in your setting / home / learning environment
- making easy sugar free cakes everyone needs a quick, simple, healthy sugar-free cake recipe they can use with children that always works and tastes good!
- maths in early years and how to be confident in doing it (mastering maths ourselves!)
- messy play lots of ideas and recipes
- mindsets (Dweck)
- outside play and learning - with Kathryn Solly, Jan 2019 (public page)
- pedagogy: online references
- picture books lots of great authors and illustrators for young children's books and more
- pioneers of early education and pedagogy including Susan Isaacs and others
- recycled materials
- reflective practice
- Reggio Emilia great information about this pedagogy from Italy and lots of links to find out more
- settling children well
- sustained shared thinking
- talk about teaching
- Te Whariki
- wellbeing for you
- writing (see cursive writing above)
Pedagogic pages are for our members. If you are not a member, come and join our supportive community! You can find out more about our membership here.
You can also read and share our Blogs which reflect on matters relating to early years, early learning and play.
We hope that you find this area helpful and we welcome any feedback, please email your suggestions to Cathy.
Cathy Gunning is an accredited coach mentor with the Centre for Educational Leadership at the University of Hertfordshire. She works part time for Early Education as well as being a part time nursery teacher and mum. She has previously been a primary teacher, early years coordinator and day nursery manager. Her pedagogy was nurtured and inspired during her time as an early years advisory teacher and whilst studying for a masters degree in early years education with care. Most recently she was a nursery school headteacher where she developed and led an integrated centre - including all year daycare and a children's centre - with an inspiring team for over 10 years. As a reflective practitioner and leader she enjoys continually learning about effective pedagogy in early education and refining her own through research, practice and collaborative conversation.You can follow Cathy on Twitter