You are here
Areas of expertise
- Leadership development
- coaching and mentoring for individuals and groups
- enabling children’s voices
- managing difficult conversations through a coaching approach
- Action Learning Sets
- creating a vision for the Early Years setting
- motivating teams
- managing change
- giving feedback to staff
- integrating two, three and four year olds into the nursery space
- exploring the concept of ‘teaching’ in early years
Ruth is a Level 7 Executive Coach, mainly working within the early years’ sector. She teaches on the ‘Leading Progress” course for EYFS leads and can offer bespoke consultancy and training in Early Years. Ruth can offer a one-day introduction to coaching and mentoring skills and core skills in coaching seminar in a similar fashion. She can also offer one-to-one coaching to senior leaders and team coaching/action learning sets for groups.
Ruth has had a rich and varied career, working with the maintained and private sectors of Early Childhood Education. She has been a primary school teacher, a Local Authority Advisor and an Early Years Ofsted Inspector. Her most recent substantive post has been as Head teacher of a consistently outstanding Maintained Nursery School and Children's Centre in South London. During her time there she built a strong learning community through successfully engaging staff at all levels, with a focus on reflective practice and research. Ruth used a coaching approach to leadership development and this maintained excellent staff retention. The outcomes for the children were also excellent. The school expanded under her leadership, to accommodate a fully integrated early education for 2,3 and 4 year olds.
Ruth holds the following qualifications:
- MA from Pen Green in Integrated Centre Leadership with Children and Families, and her final research focused on a triad of embedding a listening culture, the image of the child and the learning journey into leadership.
- ILM level 7 diploma in Executive Coaching and Mentoring
- ILM approved Endorsed Programme in Action Learning Facilitation through Action Learning Associates
Please get in touch if you think Ruth can help you and your school/setting/workplace.
Book a course
To enquire about a course, please download and return the booking enquiry form below to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please read the terms and conditions on the second page
We recommend a lead-time of three months to book a course. Certain Associates may be booked up further ahead than that and certain dates, eg start of term, also get particularly booked up.