You are here
Areas of expertise
- Exploring children’s perspectives about their mixed ethnic identity
- Participatory pedagogy for transformational practice
- Relationships and quality interactions for developing children’s unique personal identity
- Creating ‘space’ for culturally appropriate resources in early years curricula
- Play and children’s raced identity
- Developing cultural identity through children’s literature
Sharon is an early years consultant, trainer, and academic working with individual nursery settings, nursery schools, families, local authorities, government departments, and charities. She has a diverse career background initially having had a long career in the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) as a trainer (CIPD) and policy manager. Sharon moved on to own a private day nursery and then onto training in HE, validating and leading the BA (Hons) Early Years with Enterprise course and working on QTS courses, Early Years Professional status, and MA programmes at Leeds Beckett University.
Sharon’s further experiences have involved assessing practitioners for the award of Early Years Professional Status (EYPS) for Huddersfield University.
Informed by her PhD research Sharon provides training and consultancy that is particularly concerned with participatory pedagogies and their part in developing children’s ethnic and cultural learning and development through play – especially learning and development informed by child-led perspectives.
Book a course
To enquire about a course, please download and return the booking enquiry form below to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please read the terms and conditions on the second page
We recommend a lead-time of three months to book a course. Certain Associates may be booked up further ahead than that and certain dates, eg start of term, also get particularly booked up.