- Invisible Heart Strings -Supporting Adoptive and Foster Families in Settings and Schools
- Responding not Reacting – an alternative approach to behaviour
- Bodies and Brains – movement, nurture and learning: Understanding Physical Development
- It Starts with Me: helping children develop the emotional resilience and empathy they need for global citizenship.
- Integrating nursery and reception provision – exploring the possibilities of foundation stage units
- It’s only fair when we’ve all got what we need: an anti-bias approach to inclusion, equality and diversity
- Supporting adoptive and foster families in settings and schools
- Understanding Attachment – a secure base
- Understanding Transitions
Areas of expertise
Anne has more than twenty years’ experience and leadership in nursery, infant and primary schools in inner London. She developed and coordinated one of the first Early Years Units in the London Borough of Tower Hamlets, in which nursery and reception age children were fully integrated.
A freelance educational consultant since 2000 and a regular contributor to Nursery World, writing projects include:
- A Unique Child: Health and Wellbeing
- Understanding Physical Development : linking bodies and minds
- Understanding Transitions: supporting change through attachment and resilience
An adoptive parent, Anne has a particular interest in supporting Looked After and adopted children in settings and raising awareness of the impact of early trauma and neglect. She is also co-chair of a branch of Early Education.