As a parent or carer you have a vital role in your child’s education. Although Early Education is primarily a resource for the early years practitioners who support your child’s learning, we have some links and resources for parents too.
The Learning together series of articles aims to help parents and other caring adults understand children’s development, play an active part in their learning and enjoy the children they spend time with. The articles cover a wide range of topics, including life with babies and toddlers, children’s behaviour, being outdoors, drawing and writing, reading, maths, ICT and equality – and more.
Useful links and resources
- Coram Family and Childcare – a charity which works to make the UK a better place for families, focusing on childcare and the early years
- What to expect in the Early Years Foundation Stage: a guide for parents (in England)
- the BBC’s Tiny Happy People resources
- government information about your child’s entitlement to funded early education and childcare
- Becoming Dad – a guide for expectant and new fathers, by the Fatherhood Institute and Mental Health Foundation
We also campaign for every child’s right to high quality early childhood education. Find out more about current campaigns: