Early Education's core activities are:
- campaigning for every child's right to the highest quality early education, and
- providing professional development, networking opportunities and publications for early years practitioners and teachers.
You can get involved with Early Education by:
- becoming a member (see below for the list of benefits)
- signing up as a supporter in relation to our campaigns
- registering for occasional email updates about our activities, including local branch events
- coming along to local branch or network events
You don't have to be a member of Early Education to benefit from our services, but as an independent charity, our ability to campaign and provide professional support is underpinned by members' contributions, and we strongly encourage you to join if you share our commitment to giving every child the best possible start in life.
Find out more about all these options via the menu links on the left.
Becoming a member also offers a higher level of benefits including:
- 20% discounts on our publications
- discounted or free entry to our CPD organised by our local branches
- significantly reduced rates to attend our courses, conferences and events
- regular email briefings, which provide members with summaries and analysis of announcements affecting early childhood education practice and provision, including updates on our campaigns
- monthly pedagogical newsletters to provide you with links, research, current topical information and a wealth of information at your fingertips to support your practice, leadership, studies and teaching
- our inspiring and colourful Early Education Journal published three times a year in the Autumn, Spring and Summer terms
- pedagogical pages exclusive to members for information, research and links to important pedagogical issues and principles in the early years
- discounts on products and services from our corporate partners
- Group and chain members can advertise job vacancies for free on our jobs board
- Universities and colleges with group membership are eligible to claim free student membership for full-time registered students on relevant courses as part of the group membership package.
On joining you’ll also receive a new members’ pack*. Contents vary but usually include at least the previous two copies of the Early Education Journal and one or more complimentary copy of an Early Education publication. Join now with group or multi-site membership and get a free wooden truck from Community Playthings too.
* not applicable to student/concession online membership which offers online benefits only
Find out which membership package is right for you:
Become a Supporter or Subscribe to updates
If you don't want access to our membership benefits but would like occasional updates on our campaigns, our local branch activities, or about new products and services we offer such as training courses, conferences and publications you can sign up to our email mailing list. Create an account to sign up for email updates, and specify which topics you'd like to be emailed about. You'll be able to unsubscribe or change your preferences at any time.
If you can't afford the membership fee, but want to show your support for our work, you can become a Supporter of Early Education: you can make a suggested donation, or simply sign up for free on our Supporter Page.