What you need to know about the EYFS Framework
- A revised EYFS Framework became statutory on 1 September 2021.
- The EYFS Profile handbook provides guidance on the statutory assessment at the end of the Reception year.
- Revised non-statutory guidance entitled Development Matters supports the framework (note this is substantially changed from the 2012 publication of the same name)
- The Early Years Coalition (16 sector organisations, including Early Education) has published Birth to 5 Matters: non-statutory guidance by the sector, for the sector, which provides additional support for implementing the EYFS framework.
Help and support with implementing the EYFS framework
Buy or download Birth to 5 Matters
Bespoke training and support
Access our video briefings
Background to the reforms
We provided feedback on the planned EYFS reforms as an organisation and through the Early Years Coalition of sector organisations including:
- Mapping the landscape: practitioners views on the Early Years Foundation Stage – a survey of practitioners’ views on the changes to the EYFS
You can also read the Education Endowment Foundation’s findings from the evaluation of the pilot of the draft revised ELGs, which ran in 23 schools in 2018-19.