Latest news and updates
EYFS Framework: key links
- The EYFS Statutory Framework applies to early years provision in England.
- The EYFS Profile handbook provides guidance on the statutory assessment at the end of the Reception year.
- Revised non-statutory guidance entitled Development Matters supports the framework (note this is substantially changed from the 2012 publication of the same name)
- The Early Years Coalition (16 sector organisations, including Early Education) has published Birth to 5 Matters: non-statutory guidance by the sector, for the sector, which provides additional support for implementing the EYFS framework.
- Find additional information through the government’s Foundation Years website
Help and support with implementing the EYFS framework
Buy or download Birth to 5 Matters
Bespoke training and support
Get regular updates
Background to the 2021 reforms
We provided feedback on the planned EYFS reforms as an organisation and through the Early Years Coalition of sector organisations including:
- Mapping the landscape: practitioners views on the Early Years Foundation Stage – a survey of practitioners’ views on the changes to the EYFS
You can also read the Education Endowment Foundation’s findings from the evaluation of the pilot of the draft revised ELGs, which ran in 23 schools in 2018-19.