We campaign for national and local policies which will support and promote high quality early years provision, and for the needs of children to be prioritised.
Our current campaigns are:
- Secure the future of our maintained nursery schools: a long-term viable funding solution is needed to ensure that they can continue to provide high quality early childhood education for the most disadvantaged children
- No baseline assessment in Reception: scrapping this flawed and damaging proposal
- The Early Years Foundation Stage - challenging poorly formulated proposals from government to change the Early Learning Goals and Areas of Learning, and ensuring changes are based on research evidence and expert input from early years practitioners
Drawing on the experiences and expertise of our members, we respond to government consultations, initiatives and legislation, and work with other early education stakeholders to make our voice stronger.
- meet with key decision makers within government to influence change
- undertake original research, and
- campaign publicly on issues affecting our youngest children and the early childhood education practitioners who support them
For details of recent consultation responses and our comment on current policy developments, see our News listing.