The Early Education Journal is usually available to members only. Non-members can access a couple of sample issues below. If you'd like to have access to the full back catalogue, consider signing up as a member - try our online membership for £10 per term (see link for full range of membership options).
The Early Education Journal is published termly. Each journal takes on a theme, and articles may take the form of case studies, research write-ups, new pedagogical approaches or reviews from a range of practitioners in the early years field.
Members of Early Education are mailed all issues of the Journal as an exclusive membership benefit (online only student/concession members receive access to the online issue only).
See below for details of the most recent issue. Logged in members can see and download all recent back issues, and purchase additional copies (subject to availability). Sample copies are made available to non-members below on a temporary and discretionary basis.
No 94 - Details to follow
No 93 - Children's interests - guest edited by Cathy Nutbrown
- Editorial, Cathy Nutbrown
- Children’s interests: challenging taken-for-granted understandings, Helen Hedges
- Narratives of difference: troubling “race” and discourses of diversity and identity in early childhood education, Jaclyn Murray
- Challenging gender stereotypes through gender-sensitive practices in early years education and care, Yuwei Xu
- The need for a transformative and contextual early years curriculum, Georgina Trevor and Amanda Ince
Non-members may be able to purchase copies of individuals journals subject to availability. Please contact us for details.