The Early Education Journal is published termly. Each journal takes on a theme, and articles may take the form of case studies, research write-ups, new pedagogical approaches or reviews from a range of practitioners in the early years field.
Members of Early Education are mailed all issues of the Journal as an exclusive membership benefit (online only student/concession members receive access to the online issue only).
See below for details of the most recent issue. Logged in members can see and download all recent back issues, and purchase additional copies (subject to availability)
If you are thinking of becoming a member, have a look at a sample copy of our Journal No 74 on Emergent Literacy.
No 87 Spring 2019 - Language and communication
Guest editors: Helen Moylett and Nancy Stewart
No 86 Autumn 2018 - Music
Guest editor: Nicola Burke
Our latest issue includes the following articles:
- Editorial: music in early childhood Nicola Burke
- Red ribbons: analysing beliefs and ideologies of music in early childhood education and a call for high expectations Susan Young
- It is what you do, and it is the way you do it: improvisation and why it is an essential ingredient in early years music and education Steve Grocott
- How and why Take Art supports early childhood music Gina Westbrook and Jane Parker
- Take Art case study: making music with clay Richard Tomlinson
- Music at the heart of music practice in early childhood Nicola Burke
Non-members may be able to purchase copies of individuals journals subject to availability. Please contact us for details.