The Early Education Journal is published three times a year, normally in the Spring, Summer and Autumn.
Each journal takes on a theme, and articles may take the form of case studies, research write-ups, new pedagogical approaches or reviews from a range of practitioners in the early years field. Browse the list below to see details of recent guest editors and authors.
As a member of Early Education you will receive three issues of the Journal per year as part of your subscription, as well as being able to access back copies electronically.
Members can download previous copies of the Journal through the links below: you will need to be logged in to your account in order to access these electronic copies. If you are thinking of becoming a member, have a look at a sample copy of our Journal No 74 on Emergent Literacy.
Back copies are available for purchase, subject to availability.
No 86 Autumn 2018 - Music
Guest editor: Nicola Burke
No 85 Summer 2018: Observing Children’s Development Part 2
Guest editor: Sue Allingham
Our latest issue includes the following articles:
- Editorial - Sue Allingham
- Observing and extending schemas in practice - Tamsin Grimmer
- What the characteristics of effective learning might tell us about the goals, purpose and challenges of self-initiated play - Stella Louis
- Pedagogical documentation: learning about learning - Debi Keyte-Hartland
- Noticing, recognising, responding and reflecting: The process of observing infants and young children - Julia Manning-Morton
- The pirates! Using observation to support English as an additional language (EAL) through imaginative play - Anni McTavish