Join as an individual for personal access to our member benefits:
- NEW free access to videos about the 2021 EYFS reforms
- free or discounted entry to our local branch CPD events
- discounted rates for our webinars, conferences and events
- fortnightly email briefings, which provide summaries and analysis of announcements affecting early childhood education practice and provision, including updates on our campaigns
- 20% discounts on most of publications
- our inspiring Early Education Journal published three times a year in the Autumn, Spring and Summer terms
- pedagogical pages for information, research and links to important pedagogical issues and principles in the early years
On joining, you’ll also receive a new members’ pack* including:
- at least the previous two copies of the Early Education Journal
- a complimentary copy of an Early Education publication - choose between one of the following options:
* Online only membership (for individuals or concessions - retired/unwaged/student/NQT) excludes members' pack and hard copy mailings of the Journal, which is instead available via the members' area of the website.
Choose between full or online-only membership, annual or termly payment and full-rate or concession.
Direct Debit discount
Pay by Direct Debit from a UK bank account and receive a discount on your annual subscription. Choose your membership type from the list below: on the page of the membership of your choice, there will be a link to complete an Instruction, which will take you to our Direct Debit Provider, GoCardless, in a new browser window. Once you have completed the mandate, it will return you to our website to confirm that this has been successful.
Tax relief on membership
You can reclaim tax you pay on your membership subscription to Early Education as we are on the HMRC's list of approved professional organisations - but only if you must have membership to do your job or it’s helpful for your work. You can only claim tax relief if you personally pay your subscription and it is for business purposes only. You cannot claim tax relief if your organisation pays the membership, however the organisation itself can get tax relief at 20% instead, if the organisation is subject to taxation.
If, however you pay your subscription personally and include this cost on your tax return, the amount of tax relief is as follows:
a) If you are a basic rate tax payer, you will get tax relief of 20% on the value of the subscription.
b) If you are a higher rate tax paper, you will get tax relief of 40% on the value of the subscription.
You must keep records of what you’ve spent, and claim within 4 years of the end of the tax year that you spent the money.
Based outside the UK? You can still join - an additional postage fee will be added to your basket on checking out for the additional postage costs.