Got a vacancy to advertise?
To advertise here, contact email@example.com
Group and chain members may advertise vacancies for free as part of the membership package. Download instructions for how to place a vacancy, incuding rates for non-members.
- SLTs and Early Years Practitioners - Hanen Learning Language and Loving It Evaluation
- Deputy Headteacher - Moss Hall Nursery School
- Class Teacher - Edith Kerrison Nurdery School and Children's Centre
Please get in touch to list a vacancy.
Vacancies at Early Education
Employer: Edith Kerrison Nursery School & Children's Centre
Salary: Main Pay Scale (Teachers pay and conditions)
Location: Edith Kerrison Nursery School & Children's Centre
Working Pattern: Full Time
Hours: 32.5 hours per week.
DBS Check: Enhanced
Closing Date: 07/10/2019 at 12:00 PM
For more information please click here
Salary: Leadership Scale £46,208 – £50,673
Deadline for applications: Monday 30th September 2019 by 4.00pm
Possible Interview Date: Monday 7th October 2019
Start date: January 2020
School name: Moss Hall Nursery School
School address: 189 Nether Street, N3 1NR
Tel: 0208 445 2518
Headteacher: Annette Long
SLTs and Early Years Practitioners - Hanen Learning Language and Loving It Evaluation
Position: Exciting opportunity to contribute to gathering evidence for a research project commissioned by the Education Endowment Foundation. We need Speech and Language Therapists (SLT) or Early Years practitioners for carrying out assessments with 3-4-year olds in the North-West of England as part of the evaluation of Hanen Learning Language and Loving It (Hanen LLLI), a training programme for early years practitioners.
Location: North-West of England. Areas include:
Blackburn, Bolton, Burnley, Calderdale, Liverpool Central, Liverpool South, Merseyside, Preston, Sefton, St Helens
Hours and key dates
• 1/2 day briefing:
- Manchester: Tuesday, September 3, 2019
- Liverpool on Wednesday, September 11, 2019.
SLTS and practitioners need to choose one of the briefing dates.
• Scheduling assessments at the assigned settings between September 23 and September 27, 2019.
• Administering pupil assessments between September 30 to October 18, 2019
• SLTs and practitioners will need 2 days per school, which includes scheduling, administering assessments and submitting scores (17 pupils will be assessed at each setting)
• Attend one briefing event in Manchester or Liverpool
• Schedule assessments with individual nurseries/schools
• Administer the British Picture Vocabulary Scale (BPVS) to 17 pupils selected for testing during the assessment period. Materials will be provided at the briefing event.
• Send weekly report on testing progress.
• Input pupils’ scores at the end of each assessment day.
Time commitment the minimum time commitment (in addition to attending the briefing) is 6 days to schedule and complete assessments at 3 settings and to submit scores . We welcome a longer or full-time commitment during the testing period.
Experience and availability
• Qualified SLT at Level 4 and above (can be newly qualified) or qualified Early Years practitioner at Level 3 and above
• Experience of working with young children and carrying out assessments with 3-4-year olds
• Have access to a car and full valid driver’s license
• Ability to work flexibly across multiple setting and children’s availability
Desirable criteria: Experience of carrying out assessments using the British Picture Vocabulary Scale (BPVS)
• At least 6 days, a small proportion of which will be spent during the scheduling period to make appointment with nurseries. It may be that multiple visits are required to a setting to complete the assessments. This will depend on when the children who need to be assessed attend nursery
• Attend one briefing session
More information and how to apply: Please express your interest by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or phoning 0808 169 1224. Please be aware that we are working with a recruitment agency to fill these roles; if you apply, we may pass your contact details and CV on to the agency.
NOTE: Similar testing will take place with the same children from June 8 to July 10, 2020 with scheduling of assessments in May 2020. If you would like to be involved in this phase of testing please register your interest with NatCen (email@example.com or 0808 169 1224) and indicate the number of days you would be available.
Vacancies at Early Education
We have a rolling programme of recruitment for well-qualified and experienced trainers and consultants to join our team of Associates. If you might be interested, find out more about our existing team of Associates and details of how to apply.